This on-line workshop is hosted monthly by RSTP and is highly recommended training by your SAH. At least 2 members of the Core Team must attend this on-line workshop.
Date: Saturday, Sept 26, 2020
Time: 3:00 - 6:00pm EDT
This online session will provide an orientation on the responsibilities of CGs and co-sponsors when working with SAHs to sponsor refugees under the PSR program.
The following topics will be discussed and examined during the workshop:
- The relationship between CGs, co-sponsors and SAHs;
- The minimum amount of financial support that sponsors are expected to provide to refugees sponsored under the PSR program on arrival based on the Resettlement Assistance Program (RAP) rates and how to use the Minimum Financial Support Calculator;
- Situations that may change the amount of financial support that sponsors are expected to provide once the refugees arrive in Canada;
- An overview of sponsors’ settlement responsibilities under the program and how settlement agencies can assist sponsors with fulfilling their settlement responsibilities; and,
- An overview of IRCC's post-arrival assurance activities.
To register for the workshop, attendees are kindly requested to register here.