Individual co-sponsor and/or organizational co-sponsor’s Signing Authority, must submit a copy of one of the following documents:
- Canadian Passport;
- Canadian provincial or territorial birth certificate;
- Canadian citizenship certificate (card or paper certificate);
- Canadian certificate of registration of birth abroad;
- Record of Landing (IMM 1000);
- Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM 5292 or IMM 5688);
- Permanent Resident Card; or
- Indian status card (formerly known as a Certificate of Indian status).
Please be aware: IRCC does not accept driver’s licenses and health cards as valid proof of Canadian citizenship or permanent residence.
This information is taken directly from IRCC website. You can view it here.