This on-line workshop is hosted monthly byand is highly recommended training by your . At least 2 members of the Core Team must attend this on-line workshop.
Date: Saturday, Nov 21, 2020
Time: 12:00 - 3:00pm EST
This online session will provide an orientation on the responsibilities ofand co-sponsors when working with SAHs to sponsor refugees under the program.
The following topics will be discussed and examined during the workshop:
- The relationship between CGs, co-sponsors and SAHs;
- The minimum amount of financial support that sponsors are expected to provide to refugees sponsored under the PSR program on arrival based on the Resettlement Assistance Program (RAP) rates and how to use the Minimum Financial Support Calculator;
- Situations that may change the amount of financial support that sponsors are expected to provide once the refugees arrive in Canada;
- An overview of sponsors’ settlement responsibilities under the program and how settlement agencies can assist sponsors with fulfilling their settlement responsibilities; and,
- An overview of post-arrival assurance activities.
To register for the workshop, attendees are kindly requested to register here.